Sunday, May 8, 2011

How did you learn those languages? How much time did you put in for each one?

Well, I'm Iranian and so Farsi is my first language, i moved to Canada when i was 11 and so English became my second language, however now English is like my first language because im more comfortable with English than i am with my own language. Also French is mandatory in where i live from grade 6 to grade 10, and i also took grade 11 French as well, so thats that. i took Spanish from Grade 10 -12 and then university my first and second year. and as for German, i took a grade 10 course, i would have continued it but since i changed school, i couldn't as the school i moved to, did not offer German at all. as for Parseltongue ( that is the language of talking to snake from Harry potter, so its not a "real life" language, but since i live, breath and talk in hp terms, parseltongue is also one of my languages. i hope that answers your question. i am currently self-teaching myself Korean and my next goal is Japanese and Thai, so maybe in a few years i could say i speak those 3 as well.

Ask me anything

No comments: